Wombwell Rainbow Interviews
I am honoured and privileged that the following writers local, national and international have agreed to be interviewed by me. I gave the writers two options: an emailed list of questions or a more fluid interview via messenger.
The usual ground is covered about motivation, daily routines and work ethic, but some surprises too. Some of these poets you may know, others may be new to you. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do.
is an imperfect creature from Vermont advocating for animals, children and those suffering alone and in pain – especially those ostracized by disability and mental illness. She is Editor at Animal Heart Press and has several chaps and collections coming out this year. She is a poetry mentor and momma to Peter and Thomas. She recently earned her MFA from Lindenwood University and received a 2018 Best of the Net Nomination from Midnight Lane Boutique and a 2018 Pushcart Nomination from Cease Cows. She has books forthcoming with Fly on the Wall Poetry Press, Twist in Time Press, Rhythm & Bones Press and Hedgehog Poetry.
When not being poet, she works as a secretary and loves riding horses & dancing the salsa—
ehoranpoet.com / @ehoranpoe
1. When and why did you start writing poetry?
I started writing poetry in 2016 while I was getting my masters in English online as a 40 year old grad student with two babies at home. i was really depressed and incredibly sleep deprived. i dont know why i tried to do that masters.. i was wanting a break from how hard my life felt at the time. and I also had it in my head that i didnt want to be a secretary forever. i wanted my kids to be proud of me when they grew up so I took a class in poetry near the end of the MA. and i found that I loved it. I had tried to write a little as a college student but didnt think I was any good and i didnt keep going then. i went right into an mfa after that.
1.1 Why Poetry?
Poetry matches how my head works
Patterns and repetition
The pain in my head.. the sadness and rumination
Is like a poem. So when I found poetry… I finally knew how to tell the stories of my mind.
2. Who introduced you to poetry?
https://chirb.it/kpEnvJ #audio via @chirbit
3. How aware are and were you of the dominating presence of older poets traditional and contemporary?
(1) https://chirb.it/k6H8Ak #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/NdPGA8 #audio via @chirbit
4. What is your daily writing routine?
(1) https://chirb.it/HBANKF #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/D4PNIg #audio via @chirbit
5. What motivates you to write?
(1) https://chirb.it/LqMGvG #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/xCef3O #audio via @chirbit
(3) https://chirb.it/wO6Kvf #audio via @chirbit
6. Whom of today’s writers do you admire the most and why?
(1) https://chirb.it/LyIJM9 #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/ansCAa #audio via @chirbit
(3) https://chirb.it/9k5rgE #audio via @chirbit
(4) https://chirb.it/nAwy2d #audio via @chirbit
7. What would you say to someone who asked you “How do you become a writer?”
(1) https://chirb.it/FO7rsP #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/PBAHJL #audio via @chirbit
(3) https://chirb.it/00A7vF #audio via @chirbit
8. Tell me about the writing projects you have on at the moment.
(1) https://chirb.it/3z251n #audio via @chirbit
(2) https://chirb.it/sxhFzx #audio via @chirbit