Savoury or sweet, hearing footsteps
on repeat, chilli caught between the teeth
ice cold larger in its can,
grip the railings with one hand
steady on your going to trip
plastic walls or maybe brick
and the tiger in its cage
pushed so hard against the bars
on repeat – sick to death of steps like this
such a shame the parrot’s squawk
she was fast tracked, walked the walk.
Bio and Links
Chaucer’s poetry has been published in journals, magazines and anthologies. Chaucer is creator of Wild Whispers (2018) an international poetry film project, and regularly curates and presents poetry film at events and festivals. Co-editor of the online magazine Poetry Film Live.
- Poetry films screened in UK and internationally.
- Contributor to Moving Poems: the best poetry videos on the web.
- Poetry and monologues performed at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham.
- Founder member of Poetry Factory, a critical poetry collective.
- Poetry film workshop facilitator with Swindon Poetry.
- MA in Creative writing from University of Gloucestershire.